is situated in the bay of Agios Pavlos on the dramatically beautiful and remote southern coast of Crete. The nearest town of Agia Galini is approximately 15km away. Because of this relative remoteness, travel to Agios Pavlos can be a little less easy than the usual package tour arrangements.
Crete has two international airports, Heraklion (Iraklion) and Hania (Chania), served by flights from most European countries, both charter and schedule.
A few suggestions for finding flights to Crete
from the UK:
fom Gatwick to Heraklion and Chania
www.ryanair.com from Leeds, London Stansted and East Midlands to Chania
tel: 0870 238 7777
Langford Travel Services: contact Mike or Claire on 01423 531383; e-mail: email@example.com; www.langfordtravel.co.uk
We recommend that you book flights well in advance as airline seats go very quickly; also flights tend to be cheaper the earlier you book.
It is advisable to check on flight availability at the same time that you make your enquiry about space at Yoga Plus.
Flying to Athens with onward connection to Crete:
There are flights to Athens from the UK and some other European cities with Easy Jet
Aegean Air - www.aegeanair.com
tel: 0030 210 9988300. Aegean fly from many European cities eg Stockholm, Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg and London Heathrow. There is a short stop in Athens and then onwards to either Heraklion or Chania. Book early for best deals.
Alternatively there are ferries from Piraeus (the port of Athens) leaving both during the day and overnight to either Heraklion, Rethymnon or Chania. The high speed ferries now only take 4 - 5 hours, contact: www.hellenicseaways.gr
. There is a metro connection from the airport to the port. Also information and booking on www.ferries.gr
Checking in time at Yoga Plus is 2.30pm on the Saturday at the start of a session and rooms will not be available before this time. As flights arrive at various times on Friday and Saturday, we suggest an overnight stay in Heraklion (Iraklion) or Chania before making the onward journey to Agios Pavlos.
We recommend Hotel Lato
in Heraklion who offer special discounted room rates to our guests. Hotel Lato
is a boutique 3 star hotel with excellent facilities and they are used to expecting late night flight arrivals. It is situated just opposite the old Venetian harbour at
15, Epimenidou Street
. For information: www.lato.gr
To make a reservation at Hotel Lato
Tel: 0030 2810 334955;
Fax: 0030 2810 240350; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Yoga Plus
when booking for a 15% discount on all room types. Guests can book on line at http://www.lato.gr/prices-offers
to get the discount.
Shared taxi transfers
leave from this hotel at 12.00hrs on the first Saturday of a session (max. 4 persons per taxi). Prices are 110 euros per taxi from Heraklion to Agios Pavlos. Special taxi pick ups can be arranged from Heraklion or Chania (cost from Chania is 120 euros). Please inform the office, at least 2 weeks before your session, if you wish to use either of these services. If your flight arrives on the Saturday morning you can make your way to the Hotel Lato for the meeting time of 12.00 hrs. (A taxi from the airport costs approximately 10 euros).
Other hotels, close by, include:
(2 star), 4 Idomeneos St.
Tel: 0030 2810 226561, 0030 2810 229703
- very reasonable rates
Should you wish to stay at another hotel - you can still meet the taxis at the Hotel Lato at 12.00hrs on Saturday.
Hotel in Agia Galini (nearest town to Agios Pavlos):
We are happy to recommend Liofyto guest house, email:email@example.com or Tel:0030 28320 91428
If you are unable to get to the meeting point at Hotel Lato in Heraklion to join the shared taxis at 12.00hrs on Saturday, then the following information may be of help in getting to Agios Pavlos: –
Taxis to Agios Pavlos from Heraklion are 110 euros and from Chania 120 euros. The journeytakes about 2 hours; from Rethymnon it is about 60 euros and takes approximately 1 hour.
When getting a taxi it is important to tell the taxi driver you want Agios Pavlos near SAKTOURIA.
Car Hire can be organised during your stay at Yoga Plus or there are a number of companies online or at the airport where this can be arranged. if you decide to drive to Yoga Plus we can supply directions
We strongly recommend that guests of Yoga Plus ensure they have comprehensive travel insurance to cover any cancellation costs. (click to see booking conditions).
Costs not included in our prices:
- Travel to Crete and your onward journey to Yoga Plus.
- Cost of your overnight stay on arrival in Heraklion or Chania. This is usually only necessary on arrival and not on your departure.
- Any therapies offered additional to the courses specified.
- Your own trips out or with the adventure or history walks.
However, apart from this, you will find that while you are Yoga Plus you will not spend very much money.
- We cannot accept guests earlier than our check-in time of 14.30hrs. If you arrive the day before or during the night, you will need to break your journey by resting in Heraklion or elsewhere before coming on to Agios Pavlos.
- There are no classes on Saturday - guests have time to settle in and explore the area. Classes begin on Sunday.
- At the end of your holiday we ask you to vacate your rooms by 12.00hrs on Friday. A room is available for luggage and bathroom facilities. Guests usually leave Agios Pavlos either during the day on Friday or late at night to go direct to the airport for flight check-in. If your flight leaves later than this you may wish to think about making arrangements for your stay after this time. There are usually rooms available in the tavernas in Agios Pavlos, which you can arrange during your stay, otherwise you may wish to book into a hotel in Heraklion (Iraklion) or Chania before your journey home.